Sunday, December 7, 2014

How to Cook Japanese Sukiyaki Beef at Home


Here's yet another one of my kitchen misadventures in my never-ending quest to be a good homemaker! I've always been fascinated with Sukiyaki Beef in Japanese restaurants, and thanks to my super awesome cousin who taught me how, I can now cook homemade sukiyaki beef for my hubby.


Japanese Sukiyaki Beef Recipe








Ingredients:
  • 2 whole stems of pechay
  • 2 whole white onions, sliced
  • .2 kg toge or bean sprouts
  • 2 pieces baby carrots, sliced
  • 1 whole baby radish, sliced
  • japanese tofu, sliced
  • .3 kg sliced beef tenderloin
  • seasonings: 3 cups Mirin (Japanese vinegar)
  •                    2 cups Kikkoman soy sauce
  •                    2 cups sweet Chinese soy sauce




1. Add a slice of butter and allow it to melt on the frying pan. Stir fry onions on pan on medium heat until transparent.


2. Add one slice of beef for flavor. Stir. Pour in one soup bowl of water into the pan. Stir. Remove the piece of beef when cooked.

3. Add in all the seasonings. Add carrots and radish. Add all the beef until cooked. Remove beef to keep them from hardening. Then, add in the bean sprouts, pechay, and the tofu last.



4. Keep stirring for flavor. Then, add back the beef. Make sure all the veggies are nice and tender. When you're satisfied with the taste, turn off the heat and serve. I swear it is awesome!:D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind?:)